Monday, January 5, 2009

My Bikes



My first road bike was an orange Trek 1000. It came with Shimano Sora components and is heavy compared to my current road bike, but I loved how fast and light it was compared to the mountain bike I had previously.

Fast forward to 2009 and I use my Trek 1000 for training. Most recently it is equipped with the Powercranks I have borrowed for a few weeks. With the Powercranks and pedals it weighs about 23 pounds.

My current bike is a 2006 Motobecane SL Le Champion. I got it in August 2006 and it was certainly an upgrade from my previous bike which was 5 pounds heavier. My Dad got it for $1,300 dollars which was a great deal given it weighed only 15.6 pounds. It has a 2.7 pound aluminum frame with Shimano Ultegra components and 10 speed compact FSA SL-K MegaExo Carbon Cranks.

American classic 32mm deep wheels came stock on the bike, but when I am training I use a DT Swiss back wheel equipped with my powermeter while keeping the American Classic front wheel. During most races I use Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, except in time trials when I use Bontrager deep dish tubulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment